So I had one of those moments today… I was programming along using Cocomo and Flash Player 10, and things just were not working. I was getting all sorts of obscure errors.
Well, I decided to check my version of Flex Builder… turns out I hadn’t updated to Flex Builder 3.0.2 yet. I know that it’s been out for a few months now, and I updated Flex Builder on my PC at work, but for some reason I forgot to update it on my MacBook Pro.
Well thankfully, updating Flex Builder is a very easy thing to do.
- Help > Search for Flex Builder Updates.
- Flex Builder will check to see if there are any updates.
- Make sure you select the Flexbuilder 3.0.2 update.
- It downloads.
- Then opens up this panel, click OK, and follow the steps.
- It makes you close out your copy of Flex Builder, and your web browser.
- Come on little installer, you can do it.
- And my problems all went away.
If you are behind a corporate firewall or Adobe Updater is blocked for any reason, you can update Flex Builder following the steps on the Adobe Flex updater website.